Robert P. Cusick, MD
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
Dr. Robert Cusick is a board certified orthopaedic surgeon who is fellowship trained in adult reconstructive surgery. He has received subspecialty training in total joint replacement of the hip and knee, complex adult reconstructive surgery, and joint preserving surgery of the hip and knee. With his training, Dr. Cusick is experienced in helping patients with hip or knee pain. He is skilled in joint preservation surgery for patients in earlier stages of arthritis to help delay the need for joint replacement surgery. For patients that do need joint replacement surgery, Dr. Cusick is also very experienced in advanced hip and knee procedures, including hip resurfacing, partial knee replacement, bilateral knee replacement, and complex cases.
Dr. Cusick earned his medical degree from the University of Illinois College of Medicine. After completing a five-year orthopaedic residency program at the University of Kansas-Wichita, he continued his postgraduate training with a one-year fellowship in adult reconstructive surgery at the Institute for Bone and Joint Surgery in Phoenix, AZ.
Dr. Cusick is currently a physician at the Christie Clinic. An accomplished researcher with several articles published in peer-reviewed orthopaedic journals, he is also an active lecturer in the medical community and a member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Sedgwick County Medical Society.
- Medical: University of Illinois College of Medicine, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Wichita, KS
- Adult Reconstructive Surgery Fellowship: Institute for Bone and Joint Surgery, Phoenix, AZ
- Subspecialty Training:
- Total Joint Replacement of the Knee and Hip
- Complex Adult Reconstructive Surgery
- Joint Preserving Surgery of the Hip and Knee
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Past President, Kansas Orthopaedic Society
- Mid-Central States Orthopaedic Society
- Medical Society of Sedgwick County
- Kansas Joint Research Institute
- Illinois State Medical Society